Lots of progress today.
I made Average Actuary public via a post on the r/Actuary subreddit - since then we have had 20 people sign up! I made a mistake that didn't allow people to confirm their account, which subsequently meant people could not create posts. Sorry about that, but it is fixed now.
I also had a logo created on Fiverr (it costs $12... not $5). I think the logo is pretty awesome.
Additional forum features:
- Upload files, such as images or PDFs (2 MB limit on any file type), which will be automatically included in your post
- Create private discussions. Feel free to send me a test message if you want to try out the interface
- Added the ability for you to mark a post as the "Best Answer"
- Submitted Average Actuary to search engines
Costs so far:
- $10/mo on AWS
- $5/mo to set up G Suite so the forum can send you emails
- $24 on Fiverr (I also got a logo I didn't like as much)
- Time - but I've been having fun and learning!
One question for you: Any particular tags (categories) you'd like to see added?
Thanks to everyone for the support so far. Please give me some feedback!